Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey CE in Altervista going slow

• leoroman
  • leoroman's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #260167 by leoroman
Limesurvey CE in Altervista going slow was created by leoroman
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.5.2
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Altervista 
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
Hi! I'm writing here because I have problems with Limesurvey CE installed on my Altervista free website. Altervista started loading some pages of limesurvey very slowly until eventually the browser gave an error page, and the only way to fix this is to reload the page. Also it doesn't send the invitation emails. It was doing good, but at some point without me changing anything besides some JavaScript functions it started doing this. Also I tried to install in a new Altervista account the latest version and it gives me the same problems even without any additional code but just the default one question form.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #260214 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Limesurvey CE in Altervista going slow
From what I understand Altervista is a free hosting platform.

I am not surprised that Limesurvey would be slow on these websites. Servers of these services are usually completely overbooked. And Limesurvey is not a particularly "light" web application. I don't think you will get a good experience with any free or budget hoster.

Regarding emails: What are your settings for sending emails? Via PHP? This will be hit an miss, because most email servers do not trust emails sent directly via the php function. You should use a good SMTP server for that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose