Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

survey export and import resutls in differnt site

• okkhalid
  • okkhalid's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 week 3 days ago #261119 by okkhalid
Hello, I have limesurvey that I was running for some time. the verion is 2.
Now I upgraded in new subdomain the lime sruvey to latest version.

Can I export the results from the old site, and import it to the new? if you any one can share what is the best way.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 week 3 days ago #261134 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic survey export and import resutls in differnt site
2.X have Survey archive export ? If not : can be complex.

Else : why you don't make a copy of the DB and update the DB ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• okkhalid
More
1 week 3 days ago #261181 by okkhalid
I installed new version to a subdomain, but I was not sure if I'm albe to import the results from the old system.

• holch
More
1 week 3 days ago #261184 by holch
As Denis says, you have two options:

1. use the old database for the new system (just upgrade)
2. Export the survey as LSA file. LimeSurvey Archive files not only include the survey structure (like LSS), but also things like the responses.

We are not sure if LS 2.x already had the LSA export. LS 2.x is ancient and hasn't been supported for a long time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• okkhalid
More
1 week 1 day ago #261496 by okkhalid
Thank you all; I have upgraded the lime survey to the latest version. but when I try to export the LSS, it exports the survey structure as well. what I want is to export all the answers, as I have identical surveys (Live) and in use to import the old answers.

So here is the situation. 
I had survey A, and I had 10 questions, all with Yes No answers.
The last question that I created was a location Text format that user inputted the location.

Because of that, we had a hard time getting building charts and stats for the locations.

So I copied survey A and did a new survey(B) with identical field names. and the last questions; now I have it as a down-select menu for our locations.
all other questions are yes and no.
All field names are the same for both surveys A and B.

So now, we are using survey B to collect feedback, and it's working well, as the locations are drop down, and we can get stats.
But we have lots of records that are based on time and date on survey A that we need to export and then import to Survey B, which is now live.
I was thinking after downloading the data, I would replace the location in Survey A with the location codes that we have in Survey B.

Any steps and help really appreciated 

• holch
More
1 week 1 day ago #261725 by holch

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
5 days 14 hours ago #262572 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic survey export and import resutls in differnt site

Thank you all; I have upgraded the lime survey to the latest version. but when I try to export the LSS, it exports the survey structure as well. what I want is to export all the answers, as I have identical surveys (Live) and in use to import the old answers.

Why you didn't read and export the LSS, why you didn't use dedicated LSA (Survey archive) for this ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose