Data protection statement for LimeSurvey.org
Date: July 11, 2019
Welcome to the LimeSurvey website. Data protection is an important concern for us. In the following we would like to inform you about how we process your data. We therefore ask you to read the following information on data protection carefully.
Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing and of the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Person responsible: LimeSurvey GmbH Survey Services & Consulting
Phone: +49 40 22660066 (No telephone support)
The company data protection officer of LimeSurvey can be contacted at the above-mentioned address, for the attn. of Mr. Olaf Mangliers, or at www.datenschutzbeauftragter-hamburg.com
Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use:
- When visiting the website
When you visit our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- Anonymized (= Shortened) IP address of the requesting computer
- The date and time of access
- Name and URL of the downloaded file
- Size of the data transferred ,
- Indicates whether the download was successful,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data listed will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website;
- ensuring comfortable use of our website;
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 Page. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
- When registering for our newsletter provided that, in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. a of the GDPR, you have expressly consented we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, all you need to do is provide your email address.
- When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
- When visiting the website
Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for reasons other than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly consented to this under Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 Para 1 page 1 lit. f DGPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation, provided
- this is legally permissible and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. b GDPR is required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned for the protection of our legitimate interests as well as of third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Deactivating cookies, however, may result in your being unable to use all the functions in our portal.
Our website uses Matomo analysis software. This data can be used to create pseudonymous usage profiles. Cookies may be used for this purpose. The data collected with the etracker technologies will not be used without the separate consent of the person concerned to personally identify visitors to our website and will not be combined with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. You can object to the collection and storage of your data at any time with future effect. In order to refuse consent to data collection and storage of your visitor data for the future, you can refer to an opt-out cookie from Matomo under the following link, which ensures that in future no visitor data will be collected from your browser and stored by LimeSurvey GmbH.
Please do not delete this cookie as long as you wish to maintain your objection.
We also respect the'Do-not-track' setting of your browser.
Social media plug-ins
We do not use social plug-ins on our website. Possible social media symbols are normally linked and do not transmit data to social media platforms.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties or to the developer of the app as a result of the mere use of our App Store and the apps. The only recipients are, in individual cases, our contract data processors (specifically the creators of the relevant app), to the extent that this is necessary for the provision of the service.
Rights of the persons concerned
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and requires the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its detail;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need this to assert, exercise or for the defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another responsible person;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para 3 GDPR to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our practice headquarters.
Right of objection
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. When personal data is collected, their transfer will be encrypted in order to prevent misuse of data by third parties. Our security measures are continuously updated according to technological developments.